To learn more about this widget, check out our Blob Generator widget page.
Blobs have become a common background filler pattern in the modern web design as it adds a nice touch of fun, randomness, and flair to the design.
Quick intro to Blob Generator:
Blob Generator is a new widget element introduced by Designer Powerup to generate organic random blob SVGs and control the size and complexity from within Elementor.
A Blob Generator within Elementor solves these issues:
- Difficult to create a blob manually using the Pen tool unless you are a Pro designer.
- Hassle of manually exporting, saving and importing the blobs onto the site if you’re using a generator like this one.
- Poor WordPress support for SVGs (which is why 3rd party devs had to create SVG support plugins like these)
- Lack of Advanced Elementor feature controls if copying the SVG to the Custom HTML widget.
- Loading as a separate image (1 more resource request per blob) if using it in the Image Widget.
Getting the most value out of Blob Generator:
Here are some different ways you can use the Blob Generator in your designs:
- Make empty sections stand out more
- Use blobs behind icons to add a visual flair to your designs
- Use blobs in your hero section to create some pretty unique designs
How to use Designer Powerup’s Blob Generator widget?
- Drag the Blob Generator element from the panel.
- Set the required color and size.
- Adjust the blob shape by changing the Complexity and Contrast controls.
- Click on the “Generate Blob” button.
If you don’t like a particular shape, you can simply click on “Generate Blob” button again to generate a different shape. You can keep generating random blob shapes until you get the one you like.
- The blob generator generates a random shape every time you click on the ‘Generate Blob’ button.
- The blob currently doesn’t support image masking.
- The blobs generated don’t affect the loading speed of your website as they are SVG shapes which become normal HTML elements after the shape is saved.
- You cannot apply Designer Powerup’s multi-layer gradients to the blob the shapes.